Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SEC Championship Game

From Tony Barnhardt's "Mr. College Football" weblog at ajc.com:

3. This is the toughest SEC championship game ticket ever: During the weekend in Gainesville, Fla., I took an informal survey of people I knew would be getting calls for tickets for the SEC championship game. They all said the same thing. This will be the toughest ticket since the event started in 1992. Never has there been a conference championship game where the winner was guaranteed a spot in the BCS title game. If Alabama beats Auburn and Florida wins its last two against The Citadel and Florida State that is exactly what will happen. Except for the Super Bowl and the opening ceremonies to the 1996 Olympics, this could be the toughest ticket in the history of Atlanta sports.

Wow, am I glad I took the leap and bought last week. At the time I thought the tickets were expensive (they weren't as costly as the National Championship tickets in 2006, but they weren't chump change either).

I think the Alabama fans will be rolling into Atlanta starting that Tuesday. (Having seen this before, my advice to all of us who live here is this: stay away from Phipps!!!)

No comments: